ILINKA DESIGN STUDIO TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read the following important terms and conditions before you buy anything on our website and check that they contain everything you want and nothing that you are not willing to agree to.
Summary of some of your key rights
The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 say that up to 14 days after receiving your products, in most cases, you can change your mind and get a full refund. This is also known as the ‘cooling off period’. However, given that some of the products we sell are made to order, when you order these products, you are not entitled to a refund because you change your mind. However, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says all products must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality and so nothing in these terms affects statutory rights applicable to you and our products. For detailed information from Citizens Advice please visit www.citizensadvice.org.uk or call 0808 223 1133.
The information in this summary box summarises some of your key rights. It is not intended to replace the contract below, which you should read carefully.
- Introduction – Who are we?
- 1.1 These are the Terms and Conditions (Terms) for www.ilinkacollection.com (Site), a website operated by Ilinka Design Studio Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with registered address Acre House, 11/15 William Road, London, United Kingdom, NW1 3ER under company number 07423031 (Ilinka Collection).
- 1.2 Our VAT number is: 104972224.
- 1.3 In these Terms, Ilinka Collection is also referred to as “we”, “us”, “our”.
- 1.4 If you have any questions about these Terms or any orders you have placed via our Site, please get in touch via our contact form.
- 2.1 Ilinka Collection is an e-commerce Site offering handmade, bespoke bed linen and other textile products of high quality.
- 2.2 Our Site is intended for users who purchase products as consumers (“you”, “your”, ‘yours”). If you use, access, purchase products or otherwise interact with our Site you agree to be legally bound by these Terms and any special terms which may apply to specific products.
- 2.3 These Terms are only available in English. No other languages will apply to these Terms.
- Your privacy and personal information
Your privacy and personal information are important to us. Any personal information that you provide to us will be dealt with in line with our Privacy and Cookies Policy, which explains what personal information we collect from you, how and why we collect, store, use and share such information, your rights in relation to your personal information and how to contact us and supervisory authorities if you have a query or complaint about the use of your personal information.
- Placing an order
- 4.1 You place an order on the Site by choosing your products via our online webstore, and following the checkout procedure available on our Site. Please read and check your order carefully before submitting it. You will be able to correct any errors before submitting your order to us.
- 4.2 When you place your order at the end of the online checkout process, for example when you click on ‘pay now’ we will acknowledge it by email. This acknowledgement does not, however, mean that your order has been accepted by us.
- 4.3 We may contact you to say that we cannot accept your order. This is could be because the products are unavailable, because we cannot authorise your payment or because of an error in your order. We will only accept your order when we email you to confirm this (Confirmation Email). At this point a legally binding contract will be in place between you and us and we will dispatch the products to you.
- Cancellation, Returns and Reimbursement Policy
- 5.1 Where products you order are bespoke and made to order in accordance with your specifications, you are not entitled to cancel your contract and we are under no obligation to offer a refund or accept any returns. This does not affect your statutory rights whereby your order has been damaged in transit or the products were not of satisfactory quality or as described, where you may be entitled to a replacement or a refund.
- 5.2 In rare cases where products are damaged or faulty you may cancel the contract within 14 days of receiving the products without giving a reason. In order to process your return, you must get in touch with us immediately or at the latest within 48 hours of receipt of the product via our contact form with your order number, the item you wish to return or exchange and photo evidence of the damage or fault. If you have identified the fault within 28 days of purchase and it is unused, then you can return the item under our normal return procedure for an exchange or refund. Please let us know about the fault so that we can check similar items that came in the same batch. If a fault develops outside of the 14 day return period, please contact us at via our contact form.
- 5.3 Where products arrived to you damaged, we will refund you for the cost of returning the products. Please retain proof of postage until refunded and endeavour to package items safely as they were posted to you.
- 5.4 Should you not be happy with the products, you can return any item excluding custom orders within 14 days of purchase. This is on the condition that the products are returned to us complete and in perfect resaleable condition: unused, unmarked, unwashed and with all original packaging attached.
- 5.5 You are responsible for the cost of returning the items to us. No shipping costs that may have been paid are possible for refund. We will refund you on to the card or payment method which was used to make your purchase. We are happy for you to return products via any insured courier. Please note that the products are your responsibility until returned to us.
- 5.6 Please ensure the packaging used to return the products are suitable for the weight, size and type of products posted to ensure their safe return. We are not liable to refund products that are received by our warehouse that are damaged on arrival due to poor packaging. In this case, we would advise you of the condition of the products’ received by photograph and would recommend that you take up an insurance claim with the postal service you used.
- 5.7 A product received as a gift can be returned for an exchange within 35 days of purchase, provided it is a product we currently sell, is not a personalised or made to order product, and it is in its original packaging. This does not affect the purchaser's legal rights.
- 5.8 If you have the right to cancel under these Terms, we will reimburse to you in accordance with this Clause 5.
- 5.9 If you are entitled to a reimbursement, we may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any products supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you beyond what is required to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the products.
- 5.10 If you are entitled to a reimbursement, we will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:
- 5.10.1 14 days after the day we received back from you any products supplied; or
- 5.10.2 (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the products.
- 5.11 If you are entitled to a reimbursement, we will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise. In any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
- 5.12 If you are entitled to a reimbursement, we may withhold reimbursement until we have received the products back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the products, whichever is the earliest.
- 6.1 We ship to most locations worldwide where practicable. If you make an order to a location where will not be able to deliver, we will not accept your order.
- 6.2 If you order products to a delivery location outside of the United Kingdom and/or the European Economic Area, the products may attract customs duties or other charges at the border that require payment before you can collect the products. You agree that you are solely responsible for all duties and taxes that become payable on the products at the delivery location.
- 6.3 We use reputable couriers to deliver our products. During the online checkout process, you will be given details of delivery costs and options to choose from.
- 6.4 The estimated date and time window of the delivery of the products is set out in the Confirmation Email but you agree and acknowledge that time is not of the essence in such delivery and delivery estimates are approximate. Nonetheless, unless you and we agree otherwise, if we cannot deliver your products within 60 days of the date of your Confirmation Email, we will let you know, cancel your order and give you a refund.
- 6.5 If something happens which is outside of our control and affects the estimated date of delivery, we will provide you with a revised estimated date for delivery.
- 6.6 Delivery will take place at the address specified by you when you placed your order with us.
- 6.7 You are responsible for the products once they have been delivered to the address specified by you when you placed your order with us. In other words, the risk in the products passes to you when you take, or a third party notified by you takes, possession of the products.
- 7.1 We use Stripe as our payment services provider (PSP). You shall pay for any purchased products using the Stripe platform services that we make available to you via our Site.
- 7.2 By using our Site and submitting an order, you agree to be bound by Stripe’s Payment Terms, available here - https://stripe.com/payment-terms/legal
- 7.3 You hereby understand and agree that we shall not be held liable for any payments and monetary transactions that occur through your use of Stripe and that all such payments and transactions are handled by Stripe. You agree that we shall not be held liable for any issues regarding financial and monetary transactions between you and any other party, including Stripe.
- 7.4 You are solely responsible for all transactions that you initiate through Stripe. We will not be liable for any losses or damages arising from invalid or fraudulent transactions processed through your Stripe account. This includes, but is not limited to, transactions that were not processed due to a network communication issue. If you process a transaction, it is your responsibility to ensure it has been fully settled.
- Nature of the products
- 8.1 The Consumer Rights Act 2015 gives you certain legal rights. The products that we provide to you must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. We are under a legal duty to supply you with products that are conform to their description.
- 8.2 We take pride in our unique and high-quality certified textiles which we source via small-scale and local production. While we use reasonable endeavours to accurately represent our products on our Site, we cannot guarantee that our products will always correspond exactly to the images or other material on our Site. The packaging of the products may be also different from that shown on the Site.
- 8.3 While we try to make sure that all weights, sizes and measurements set out on the Site are as accurate as possible, there may be a small tolerance in such weights, sizes and measurements, and the colours of our products are displayed accurately on the Site, the actual colours that you see on your device may vary depending on the device that you use.
- 8.4 Any products sold at discount prices, as remnants or as substandard will be identified and sold as such. Please check that they are of a satisfactory quality for their intended use.
- 8.5 If we can’t supply certain products, we may need to substitute them with alternative products of equal or better standard and value. In this case we will let you know if we intend to do this but this may not always be possible; and you can refuse to accept such substitutes, in which case we will offer you a refund or a replacement and let you know how long such an offer remains open.
- 8.6 We may also change the products that you ordered if we need to comply with any applicable laws or regulatory requirements, for example, any updates to any regulatory and certification processes related to our products. In such scenarios, the changes will be minor and shall not materially change the product that you ordered.
- End of these Terms
If these Terms are ended it will not affect our right to receive any money which you owe to us under this contract.
- Limitation on our liability
Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury) or arising under applicable laws relating to the protection of your personal information, we are not legally responsible for any indirect or consequential losses, losses that were not foreseeable to you and us when the contract was formed losses that were not caused by any breach on our part business losses, or losses to non-consumers.
- Third party rights
No one other than a party to these Terms has any right to enforce any term of these Terms.
- 12.1 We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently. If you are unhappy with the services we have provided or any other matter, please contact us as soon as possible using the contact details set out at the top of this page.
- 12.2 If a dispute cannot be resolved amicably, or you are unhappy with the outcome, you can still bring court proceedings even if we strongly welcome the opportunity to resolve any issues with you amicably.
- 12.3 The laws of England and Wales apply to this contract, although if you are resident elsewhere you will retain the benefit of any mandatory protections given to you by the laws of that country.
- 12.4 Any disputes will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. This means that you can choose whether to bring a claim in the courts of England and Wales or in the courts of another part of the UK in which you live.